Friday, June 8, 2012

Baby Layette

Sunday is my cousin's baby shower.  Instead of buying something off the registry (once you have the baby you realize how much of that stuff you really don't need anyway) I decided to give a handmade gift.  I crocheted a mini layette set in the softest wool and alpaca blend yarn. 
Baby Layette
I made a cute little sweater.  Don't you just love those buttons!  The pattern is free and comes from Bella Bambina Knits blog.  She actually donates these handmade items to low income families that deliver at the hospital where I was born. 
I am not in love with the hat but I had already tried 2 or 3 patterns and just settled on this one.  This is the pattern that I used for the hat.  I want to eventually find a pattern that I absolutely love in case I have to whip up a last minute gift. Any suggestions?
The bootie pattern is my go to pattern.  I have made several of them and they come out fabulous each and every time.  The pattern is from the book Candy Babies: Cute Crochet for Wee Ones by: Candi Jensen.  That book has so many cute patterns. 
Have a great Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment