Monday, April 15, 2013

My Frugal Accomplishments

Back in October I started my debt diet. I have managed to pay down quite a bit of our debt since then. But to keep myself motivated and focused I have decided to start keeping track of how I have saved money each week. So here are my frugal accomplishments for the week of:
April 8- April 15, 2013

Wednesday I made a trip to the Salvation Army to see what I could find for BB. Wednesday's are 1/2 price day at my local store. I found a bread machine for $7.50 and a lovely candle stick, that actually holds our thick rolled beeswax candle, for our mealtime blessing for $0.75.  I also bought a light windbreaker, 2 t-shirts and a pair of shorts for BB for a total of $5.00.

Friday I bought a $50.00 Whole Foods gift card from a friend for $40.00.

Saturday I searched the yard and basement for scrap metal. After a trip to the scrap yard I came home with $16.00 in my pocket.

Sunday was 1/2 off day at a biannual consignment sale in my area. I found some great deals. I got 3 short and t-shirt sets for BB (1 still had the tags on), 3 t-shirts and 1 pair of shorts for $21.00. I also found a washable car seat cover that I got for $6.00.

Last month I bought boots at K-mart that were marked $14.99 but rang up $19.99. Sunday I found the receipt and went to get the price adjusted. That's 5 more dollars in my pocket.

Monday I spoke to the manager at our local Gymboree about a Groupon that had expired while we were in Turkey last year. She worked with me and agreed to 3 classes for free and unlimited free play for 1 month. We went to our first class today and BB loved it!

I did do quite a bit of spending this week, but BB really needs some clothes for the warmer weather and if I were to have bought everything at retail value I would have definitely spent triple if not more.

I am inspired from TenThingsFarm's frugal accomplishments posts to create a snack basket for when we are on the go. What a great idea! I will try to get that done this week and let you all know how it goes.

This week I am linking up to:

Farm Girl Friday Blog Fest

2 comments: