Friday, August 24, 2012

Eid Mubarak!!!

Saturday was the last day of Ramadan so Sunday we got to Par-Tay!!!  I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed Eid and I hope that all of our fasts were accepted. Inshallah.  Luckily Eid fell on a Sunday this year so my husband didn't have to worry about taking off from work or anything.  My husband went to the masjid for eid prayer in the morning and then we spent the rest of the day home. 
I made a big dinner with roasted chicken and potatoes which came out delicious.  We had stuffed grape leaves, salad, soup, rice.  I honestly can't remember all that I made.  For dessert I made kemal pasha.  I usually make baklava for Eid but I have been extra tired since my wisdom teeth are coming in and just didn't have the energy. 
I got BB a cute little wooden train set that he absolutely loves.  He walks around with his train going ch ch ch ch.  It is so cute.  Since our trip he is now obsessed with trains, planes and automobiles lol.  But seriously if he hears an airplane fly over us he stops and points to the sky. 
Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of this Eid but I never get sick of seeing old ones.


Eid 2011
Next year I plan on going into Jamaica, Queens for Eid.  Eid Salat (prayer) there is unbelievable.  If you don't already follow HONY a.k.a. Humans of New York go do that.  The pictures are ah-mazing! Here is one of the pictures HONY took from this years Eid Salat in Queens.
This almost brings tears to my eyes.  A beautiful sea of humanity all bowing to our creator the One and Only God. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment