Thursday, October 25, 2012

Our Autumn Nature Table


I absolutely love our autumn nature table.  Every time I walk past it I just want to smile.  It is an area of peace and order in my sometimes chaotic home.  I have it set up on a short bookcase in our upstairs hallway across from BB's playroom.
Since Eid is this month, I wanted to incorporate some Eid decorations. On the left I put a centerpiece with a picture of a mosque that says "Happy Eid" in Arabic. 
On the right I have a wooden tree stacker and a glass squirrel.
What is autumn with out some apples and pumpkins.  I needle felted these last year.  I just love how they came out. 
BB and I wet felted these acorns last year. I am missing a lot and hope to make some more this year.  That fluffy stuff there is a milkweed seed pod that we found on one of our nature walks.

.

2 comments:

  1. Oh it would bring a smile to my face too! I love your felting! It's also very cool to see a other religions celebrated, not being of the Christian faith myself, I feel odd celebrating some of the Waldorf Holidays with our school, but I just think of them as nice stories, but it would be wonderful to see some other faiths worked into the rhythm of the year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cynthia! I totally agree. It is hard when you are not Christian and there is such an emphasis on their holidays in the schools. I basically just pick and choose the aspects of Waldorf that I like and keep Islam as our foundation. I checked over at your blog and absolutely love your little winter gnomes!!

    ReplyDelete